post Jul 30 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #52

Sentenced For Prostitution
Group Icon

Group: Screws
Member No.: 102

QUOTE (ste326 @ Jul 30 2018, 12:03 PM) *
Why you concerned about seeing ruby lol

Just to say she is still in it till the end I presume then. Not overly keen on her so that doesn't excite me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ste326
post Jul 30 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Group: Inmates
Member No.: 20,684

Yeah her hairs longer in season 7 by the looks of it looks like she will be in until end ha

+Quote Post
drwho2005
post Jul 31 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 673

Boomer says bye to her colleagues
this pretty much confirms it

https://twitter.com/katrinamilosevi/status/...758498936004608

+Quote Post
ste326
post Jul 31 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Member No.: 20,684

I am sure foxtel will confirm sometime next year even though it already seems obvious lol

+Quote Post
Erica Davidson
post Aug 5 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Member No.: 231

Attached File  vallehman.jpg ( 58.07K ) Number of downloads: 60

Is that Val Lehman?!

Wonder if she will appear in season 7 then or if she was just invited to the wrap-up party.

+Quote Post
barnhurstlad
post Aug 24 2018, 03:23 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Member No.: 615

QUOTE (Erica Davidson @ Aug 5 2018, 06:08 PM) *
Is that Val Lehman?!
Wonder if she will appear in season 7 then or if she was just invited to the wrap-up party.

Do they not have a wrap up party at the end of each season anyway? Doesnt neccessarily mean that it is the end of the series for good?

+Quote Post
Robert
post Aug 25 2018, 07:56 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

Maybe she got the part of Boomer's mum

+Quote Post
Alan
post Aug 29 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Member No.: 734

Apparently a truck for a tv station called Stan has been seen at the wentworth studio this could be coincidentally but hopefully they may continue it if it does get cancelled Katrina Milosevic has already said her twitter comment does not confirm it is cancelled she just says every year they dont know if it will be renewed she was just saying she loves her cast mates after 7 years of production etc its mentioned in the new TV week mag

+Quote Post
Lex82
post Aug 29 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Member No.: 165

I remember hearing that Taggart paid for itself in overseas sales. Wonder if the same could apply to Wentworth if funding is the issue

+Quote Post
Erica Davidson
post Aug 29 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #61

Group Icon

Member No.: 231

QUOTE (barnhurstlad @ Aug 24 2018, 05:23 PM) *
Do they not have a wrap up party at the end of each season anyway? Doesnt neccessarily mean that it is the end of the series for good?

Absolutely, they usually do. Hopefully this isn't the last one.
But in the video that was posted on Facebook it almost seemed like people were crying and being quite emotional. But I certainly don't know :)

I hope it was Val Lehman and that we will see her in season 7 :)

+Quote Post
Robert
post Sep 9 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #62

Group Icon

So I was at the trio event today with Robbie, Katrina and Kate and they were told 5 weeks before finishing filming that the show would be cancelled after season 7. The sets etc were all going to be thrown away/sold but they won logies and ratings turned out to be better than expected...so a week before filming finished they were told it may still go ahead. So there is no set decision yet.

Worth mentioning is that Season 7 will be 10 episodes.

+Quote Post
Robert
post Sep 27 2018, 10:23 PM
Post #63

Group Icon

Some possible hope
https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/09/fremantle-...h-season-8.html

Hopes for more Wentworth are still alive as producers continue to discuss options with Foxtel.

Newly-installed Fremantle CEO Chris Oliver-Taylor has told TV Tonight, “Fremantle is incredibly proud of season 6 of Wentworth that has just premiered on Foxtel, and look forward to sharing season 7 in 2019.

“We are working closely with Foxtel as well as writers and cast to see what opportunities there are for a series 8. We know that our amazing audience both here in Australia and in the 140 territories that Wentworth plays in are eager for another season.”

Foxtel’s last statement on the drama was that it is continuing discussions with producers.

Season 7 will air in 2019.

+Quote Post
Robert
post Nov 21 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #64

Group Icon

So I think it is worth mentioning it has been renewed!

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/11/renewed-20...-wentworth.html

Hit Foxtel drama Wentworth is to be renewed for 20 new episodes, delighting thousands of fans who had feared the show was ending.

Shooting will recommence next September for screening in 2020 – 2021.

The renewal comes on top of Season 7 already completed earlier this year, taking the series to a total of 100 episodes.

The vote of confidence comes after the rare feat of winning Logies as both Most Outstanding and Most Popular Drama.

Several months ago there was speculation the series was concluding, but Foxtel indicated discussions were ongoing.

That led to a fan campaign to “Save Wentworth” and an early priority for incoming Fremantle CEO Chris Oliver-Taylor.

TV Tonight understands discussions to continue the show took place between Oliver-Taylor, Fremantle Director of Scripted Jo Porter, Foxtel CEO Patrick Delany, Foxtel Executive Director of Television Brian Walsh, and Foxtel Head of Drama Penny Win.

Foxtel is expected to formally announce the renewal in early December.

The series, based on Reg Watson-created Prisoner, is currently Australia’s longest-running one hour drama, sold to 141 international territories, plus German, Dutch & Turkish remakes.

Season 7 is due to screen on FOX Showcase in 2019.

+Quote Post
JAMIOUSE
post Nov 21 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #65

Group Icon

Member No.: 117

Yay excellent news! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsupfi8.gif)

+Quote Post
The Bear
post Nov 21 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #66

Group Icon

Member No.: 56

Had a feeling it wouldn't end just yet. Great news.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Nov 21 2018, 11:51 PM
Post #67

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

Group: Governor
Member No.: 618

There's talk that the 20 episodes will be shown over two series. If so, that's another two years to look forward to. If they keep the standard the same as last series (which was a huge improvement over the previous two or three), then this will be a very good development. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
PavlovsDog
post Nov 22 2018, 01:51 AM
Post #68

Group Icon

Member No.: 11,119

QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Nov 21 2018, 11:51 PM) *
There's talk that the 20 episodes will be shown over two series. If so, that's another two years to look forward to. If they keep the standard the same as last series (which was a huge improvement over the previous two or three), then this will be a very good development. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

With these new episodes, I think it is important that perhaps there is a bit of a cast clearout in the staffing ranks. I find it a little uncomfortable that all 4 of the officers with significant speaking roles (Vera, Will, Jake, Linda) are all criminals to varying degrees. The middle two have committed cold blooded murder, at the very least they need bringing to justice.

This way, maybe we can explore some other options, such as Ann Reynolds as Governor for one thing with a Deputy Colleen Powell, perhaps? Beyond that not sure there are any other Prisoner screws worthy of a reimagining, so they could add a couple of new ones.

Exciting news, but my only query is that Season 7 is already filmed, so I wonder whether there was a cliffhanger or if it was left fairly open ended with the uncertainty. In fact, I think filming was completed long before the cancellation rumours began in force.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Nov 22 2018, 02:48 AM
Post #69

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

Group: Governor
Member No.: 618

QUOTE (PavlovsDog @ Nov 22 2018, 01:51 AM) *
Exciting news, but my only query is that Season 7 is already filmed, so I wonder whether there was a cliffhanger or if it was left fairly open ended with the uncertainty. In fact, I think filming was completed long before the cancellation rumours began in force.

I guess it's possible that now they know they have two more seasons to play with, they could always do a bit of extra filming for Series 7 and slot it in as appropriate. Or, of course, they have already filmed alternative endings depending on both outcomes (outright cancellation or an extension). I suspect it'll all be seamless when we get to it and season 7 will end with similar sorts of hooks as previous seasons. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
The Bear
post Nov 22 2018, 03:09 AM
Post #70

Group Icon

QUOTE (PavlovsDog @ Nov 22 2018, 01:51 AM) *
With these new episodes, I think it is important that perhaps there is a bit of a cast clearout in the staffing ranks. I find it a little uncomfortable that all 4 of the officers with significant speaking roles (Vera, Will, Jake, Linda) are all criminals to varying degrees. The middle two have committed cold blooded murder, at the very least they need bringing to justice.

This way, maybe we can explore some other options, such as Ann Reynolds as Governor for one thing with a Deputy Colleen Powell, perhaps? Beyond that not sure there are any other Prisoner screws worthy of a reimagining, so they could add a couple of new ones.

Jake is a murderer, yes but I still think Joan is going to resurface and if this happens then, it will revert Will back to his normal self. He is more or less the Meg equivalent in the show. The fact that they had every opportunity to close the book on Joan and confirm her death in the last episode but chose not to makes me all the more suspicious.

+Quote Post
PavlovsDog
post Nov 22 2018, 03:49 AM
Post #71

Group Icon

QUOTE (The Bear @ Nov 22 2018, 03:09 AM) *
Jake is a murderer, yes but I still think Joan is going to resurface and if this happens then, it will revert Will back to his normal self. He is more or less the Meg equivalent in the show. The fact that they had every opportunity to close the book on Joan and confirm her death in the last episode but chose not to makes me all the more suspicious.

I am hopeful Joan is dead and buried, literally. However, even if she were to surface by some miracle, it doesn’t really absolve Will of a crime - he still buried her alive and it was completely pre-meditated. It certainly would not revert him to normal, imo.

+Quote Post
The Bear
post Nov 22 2018, 04:37 AM
Post #72

Group Icon

Well, killing Joan wasn't exactly a case of him targetting an innocent. He was kind of doing it for the greater good as Joan was someone that needed taking down although he couldn't handle the guilt aftewards. Joan being alive would absolve that guilt somewhat, which is what I meant. Obviously, he's still someone who at the least attempted to commit murder, not to mention letting Channing carry the can.

I do hope we get some answers about the stalker. Murphy couldn't have possibly done it all alone and had to have help from a staff member at Wentworth. The likely outcome of Channing conveniently dying in Prison to get Will, Vera and Jake off the hook would be a bit of a cop out as well. I'm kind of hopeful Joan isn't dead, just because I don't think that was a fitting end for her but at the same time, I don't want a repeat of Series 4 & 5 with her running amoc as a Prisoner either.

+Quote Post
Robert
post Nov 22 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #73

Group Icon

QUOTE (The Bear @ Nov 22 2018, 04:37 AM) *
I do hope we get some answers about the stalker. Murphy couldn't have possibly done it all alone and had to have help from a staff member at Wentworth..

Why is it impossible she did it alone?

+Quote Post
The Bear
post Nov 22 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

QUOTE (Robert @ Nov 22 2018, 05:03 PM) *
Why is it impossible she did it alone?

As a dismissed Officer, Murphy wasn't in a position to be able to get into Vera's Office to steal her pips. And then there's the point of how she came to be at the burial scene to film them. The trio of Jake, Will and Vera would have been super alert to anyone tailing them considering what they were up to and therefore, I'd say Murphy knew in advance they were coming and was hidden ready to film them. I still think Jake was in cahoots with her and tipped her off in advance to be there and maybe Joan herself was pulling both their strings. The burial seemed to be news to Jake when Will told him, I know, but I'm thinking he secretly put a tracker on the box Joan was in and got there in time to save her just after Will left.

This post has been edited by The Bear: Nov 22 2018, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
LeachFreakTits
post Nov 22 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #75

Group Icon

Member No.: 309

I have a slight inkling that Joan may be up to something and playing both Murphy and Jake but also knows that Derek is in line to go down.

+Quote Post
Robert
post Nov 22 2018, 10:49 PM
Post #76

Group Icon

QUOTE (The Bear @ Nov 22 2018, 05:52 PM) *
I still think Jake was in cahoots with her and tipped her off in advance to be there and maybe Joan herself was pulling both their strings. The burial seemed to be news to Jake when Will told him, I know, but I'm thinking he secretly put a tracker on the box Joan was in and got there in time to save her just after Will left.

And put a dead body with matching hair length and height in her place?

+Quote Post
The Bear
post Nov 23 2018, 01:25 AM
Post #77

Group Icon

QUOTE (Robert @ Nov 22 2018, 10:49 PM) *
And put a dead body with matching hair length and height in her place?

It sounds a bit far fetched, I know but we are talking about Wentworth and Joan here and let's face it, a lot of her storylines have completely defied belief so it's surely not impossible. There has to be a reason why they haven't confirmed Joan's death yet. The last episode presented the perfect opportunity for the writers to drop in a line saying that the body was 100% Joan to put a stop to any speculation but they've delayed again. Series 6 was very much about Joan even though she was gone and I don't think they'd have given her death any ambiguity if the writers really intended for her to be gone for good. They would have had her shot in the head (or similar) and just moved on. Take Sonia's death for instance, she's pushed from the roof and then aside from a few mentions, she's barely talked about again because the plot's done and over with. This all makes me think that Joan's still alive and is going to make a shock return next year. I could be wrong but if the bookies were taking bets, I'd happily throw a hundred down on it.

This post has been edited by The Bear: Nov 23 2018, 01:26 AM

+Quote Post
LeachFreakTits
post Nov 23 2018, 02:51 AM
Post #78

Group Icon

I suppose it makes you wonder who's willing to help out Joan though.

+Quote Post
The Bear
post Nov 23 2018, 04:04 AM
Post #79

Group Icon

Jake seems the most likely. Or Miles maybe, she'd do anything for a few quid.

+Quote Post
PavlovsDog
post Dec 5 2018, 12:28 AM
Post #80

Group Icon

Renewal now officially confirmed.

+Quote Post
LeachFreakTits
post Dec 5 2018, 01:48 AM
Post #81

Group Icon

I can't wait to see how 7 & 8 turn out.

+Quote Post
barnhurstlad
post Dec 5 2018, 08:38 AM
Post #82

Group Icon

Member No.: 615

Fantastic news that there will be a series 8

+Quote Post
Robert
post Dec 5 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #83

Group Icon

QUOTE (LeachFreakTits @ Dec 5 2018, 01:48 AM) *
I can't wait to see how 7 & 8 turn out.

QUOTE (barnhurstlad @ Dec 5 2018, 08:38 AM) *
Fantastic news that there will be a series 8

And a season 9

+Quote Post
LeachFreakTits
post Dec 6 2018, 04:07 AM
Post #84

Group Icon

This just gets better and better.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 12:58 PM