post Nov 25 2009, 06:12 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Inmates
Member No.: 100

AMANDA MUGGLETON - Question & Answer
23rd November 2009
"Chrissie Latham"

* Transcribed from an audio recorded interview with Amanda Muggleton on 23rd November 2009. Questions by fans.
Amanda Muggleton Online 2009. Please do not re-publish without prior permission.

Q. When you first appeared in Prisoner in 1979 did you have any indication that 30 years later both the show and your character Chrisse would be so popular?
"No, i had no idea, I don't think any of us did. It was just another job to most of us. Although we knew it was special from the beginning because it was a new type of show for that time. In 1978 Television roles were limited for women. We weren't often given interesting roles to play. I had the added stigma of being considered a theatre actress so my own agent wouldn't even put me up for an audition. But I just went along anyway, even though I was not listed to be seen. It was just a 16 part series when I auditioned and I got two weeks work in the role of Chrissie and that was it for me. Of course, recently reading the wonderful Denise Morgan's interview with Brian, I learned that the network never really wanted the show, nor were Grundy's that keen on the show, and that the production team never thought it would last. How wrong. And its even funnier to think that it became so successful all over the world, with viewing audiences of millions!".

Q. If you hadn't played the role of Chrissie, which character would you have wanted to play?
"Playing Marilyn would have been fun, but I did not get that part. Ian Bradley brought me back and had me in mind for the role of Chrissie Latham. The viewers loved her after her two episodes and despite what some people say, it was NOT me that wrote all those letters to CH10 asking for her return. It genuinely was the viewers".

Q. Did you have any reservations about taking on the role of Chrissie? Did you ever audition for any other roles in the show?
"No reservations whatsoever. I knew from the start that I was only required for two weeks to play Chrissie, I was to fall in love with a Psychologist and then stab him with scissors and that was it. It was too short, i would have loved to have stayed longer. The first part I read for was Marilyn, but Margaret Lawrence got that role (Margaret and I shared an apartment in those days, and Carol Burns moved in with us too, from memory). Had I been successful there, I would have been there for the duration of the first 16 episodes and would have gladly extended when the series carried on."

Q. How come you left Prisoner Cell Block H.
"Davis Morley Productions was casting for a theatre show called "Steaming" and the director, Rodney Fisher had been staying with friends and happened to see an episode of Prisoner. When he saw me he finally found his "Josey". He tried to get my name from the ending credits and found my agent. By then, all he could remember was that I had a 6 syllable name beginning with A. I was offered that role for 16 weeks. Grundy's had always been very accommodating when I needed to get out of the show to do a theatre production. That's why I never signed a long term contract with Grundy's to do Prisoner. So I left in August 1982 and went straight into rehearsals for "Steaming". It ran for 12 weeks and I had hoped to go back to the show, but of course, I stayed where I was. It paid a lot better, so it was a very satisfying two years!".

Q. Chrissie was one of those characters who drifted in and out of the series regularly, did you know when you left the series for the final time that it would be exactly that, your final appearance as Chrissie or had you anticipated a return at some point? With that in mind, knowing it was your final episode would you have prefered a different ending for Chrissie?
"No, not at all. In fact I had told the producers that I would be free to return after I finished up with "Steaming", which was originally a 16 week contract (4 weeks of rehearsals and 6 weeks in both Sydney and Melbourne). And as far as I was concerned I was going back to Prisoner when they could write me back in. As I say, Grundy's were always very flexible with me and would let me come and go as I needed to. "Steaming" became such a hit though, that each run got extended and then eventually, it toured Australia. In commercial theatre, the money was too good to turn down. By the time "Steaming" ran its course two years later, all the Prisoner cast members I had been close to had moved on to new and exciting things. Sheila wasn't there, neither was Val or Patsy or Judith, so it would have been very weird to go back without the girls I loved being there with.

Q. Out of all the storylines you did, which one was your favourite storyline?
"I couldn't pick just one, I was always very lucky and got meaty storylines. I was rarely disappointed. And it's always more fun when you play the bad role, so I always loved it when Chrissie had conflict. Or was doing something outrageous, like stabbing people or setting fires or fighting someone. I had a lot of fun during my last stint on Prisoner as I had many great stories. I enjoyed my scenes with Michael Long when I was paroled. And I remember escaping from the rooftop when Jules' character (Hannah Simpson) was put in solitary and couldn't go on the escape. And then I was off with Adrian (Neil Muray), the Doctor who killed prostitutes! I think I loved these the most as it meant we got to go out on Location. I hated it in the Green Room 'cause I got ill from all the smoke, so it was brilliant to get out in the fresh air".

Q. What do you think was the best episode of your time?
"I will say the cliff hanger fire. I haven't seen it for a long time and I know its a firm favourite with the fans but to be honest, I remember that whole 6 or 7 month stretch with fondness. For many reasons. It was my final run on the show, Ian Bradley was back on board, and Maggie Kirkpatrick had come in as The Freak and I think those scenes between her and Val were electric! We had the late Arkie Whitely with us around that time, and Wayne Jarrat. I met and became best friends with Jules (Newbould). I remember the fire scenes took a long time to shoot as we had to get it right in one take. I had to set fire to the pile of books and it was really hot! And poor Jentah, she left the show in a ball of flames! I loved the scenes we shot at the men's prison after the fire, and when we did the concert there... with all those lovely men! Our riot scenes were fun to do, in those first couple of episodes with Frankie".

Q. During your time on Prisoner, did you ever want to be on the other side of the camera and maybe direct a few episodes?
"No. Wouldn't have had a clue, I mean, theatre i could certainly direct but not TV. I'd need lessons. Not for the creative element, but for the technical side".

Q. Were you ever made to do something which you did not think your character would do? Were you asked your opinion about things you thought your character could do and were you ever involved in the story lines which were written for Chrissie?
"When you have been in a series for a long period of time, you get to know your character inside out. Sometimes you got a say. I played Chrissie for 3 or 4 years and you were able to say to a new Director or writer, I'm sorry my character would not do or say that. We could also ring the production office and make suggestions. Grundy's were quite good about that with me. The writers loved writing for Chrissie as they loved how much they could get off with her. She was pregnant one minute yet having a bisexual affair (with Margot Knight) in the next episode! The writers often found it hard continually writing for the regular characters, so they always enjoyed writing for those who breezed in and out. I always thought they made the best out of Chrissie whenever she was around. She was fabulous to play".

Q. I would like to know about the scenes which were shot outside the prison. For example when you were on parole. Were these scenes shot close to Wentworth (or indeed a part of Wentworth) or were you on location somewhere else?
"We would sometimes to get to go out on location. We had location managers who would go out and find the best places to shoot. They would try and keep it close to the studios in Nunawading to save time - cause often you'd be shooting your week's scenes in the Channel 10 building, and also have to go out to shoot the OBCs for the following week's episodes as obviously we shot out of sequence".

Q. Who did you most enjoy doing scenes with?
"Sheila Florance, cause I just loved her dearly and you were working alongside a truly great actress. It was always fun doing a scene with her. I recently saw on YouTube, a really silly scene we did together which I forgot we ever did. I won a chicken in a raffle Sheila and Lisa Crittenden's character was running. Random!! Fiona Spence was another, who I am still very close with to this day. I loved doing scenes with Fiona, she has the best sense of humour and always kept me laughing. We even shared together when Fiona came up to Sydney to play Celia in Home & Away. Val Lehman was brilliant as Bea and our scenes were always fun, whether we were fighting or colluding. Val had a near photographic memory and could learn her lines on the spot! Jude Kurng always kept everyone suitably entertained also! Prisoner had so many fabulous ladies to name only a few is a crying shame, but i loved Judith McGrath, Carole Skinner, Peta Toppano, Fiona Spence, Maggie Kirkpatrick, Carol Burns, Annie Phelan... "

Q. Did you prefer the scenes when Chrissie was on the inside as a Prisoner or when Chrissie was on the outside (such as when she lived with Mick and Elizabeth/ Brenda and Elizabeth etc)?
"Outside was always fun, just to get out of the studio, where you spent most of your time. Or in that Green Room, thick wth smoke! Also, out on location you got to film in front of the public, so you had an audience, other than the usual camera crew".

Q. Did you ever watch the show when you were in it and after you left? If so, what did you think of the end of the series and the Freak finally getting what she deserved?
"I was too tired to watch it after the long days we spent on set. Prisoner was on in a prime time slot in Australia. I would often be on set learning lines for Prisoner, and also studying a different script for my next theatre play. Sometimes I would leave the set of Prisoner at 7PM and rush down to Melbourne for an 8PM performance of whatever play I was doing. I think that production was Privates on Parade... and no, that doesn't mean my wobbly bits."

Q. Was it your decision to leave or the Producers?
"As mentioned earlier, I chose to leave Prisoner for a theatre production of "Steaming", and I also chose not to return, even though I would have had there not been other offers of work. I was offered too many new and exciting roles in film and theatre after "Steaming" ended. So, really it just felt like a good time to move on. After "Steaming" I went and did a film called Street Hero with Vince Colosimmo, Sandy Gore, Siggy Thornton and Peta Toppano which was quite successful in Australia".

Q. Were you offered the chance to return to the series after your final episode and if so do you know of any storyline suggestions to bring you back to the series? The fire at Barnhurst which killed Bea Smith would have been a perfect way to have Chrissie return.
"I was asked back but the dates didn't work cause "Steaming" was still in full swing. I've just been told Chrissie would have been released before the Barnhurst fire ever happened? I have no idea! Mind you, I was released two years after I stabbed someone to death, so anything was possible on Prisoner. It would have been good to have her transferred back to Wentworth one last time then released to reclaim her rights to Elizabeth."

Q. Chrissie did some truly bad things, made many wrongful decisions and could atleast in the beginning of the series be considered a baddie. But i still love and care for Chrissie and we can see that she goes through alot of changes. What are your feelings about Chrissie? Was she a baddie turning good or was she basically a good person mixed up, confused and misunderstood?
"Chrissie was a troublemaker, and I think quite unpredictable in the early episodes, for her to go to the extreme of stabbing someone. She was often horribly confused and often a thorn in the side of both the Officers and the Top Dog. She certainly couldn't keep out of trouble! That's what I liked about her most. She was a troublemaker. And a drug trafficker. And she was bisexual with the wonderful Margot Knight. And got pregnant. And lagged. And lied. And got bashed... and probably all in the one episode too!"

Q. Are there any actors that you would have liked to work with that were in PRISONER at different times to you? From what, if any, that you've seen of PRISONER post-Chrissie, how could you see her fitting in? Thinking about Kate Hood as mercy killer Kath Maxwell, I can easily imagine a great storyine between you both!
"I'm afraid I have not seen many of my episodes for many years and certainly not any post-Chrissie. I rarely watched the show when I was in it, I just didn't have the time. Our days started at 7AM on set and we were there very late. After I left, I never watched it, I probably would have been on a stage somewhere at the same time it went to air. I think my good friend Glenda Linscott was in the last year of Prisoner, and it would have been fabulous to work with her on the show. I never got the chance to work with Gerda either, but I knew her outside of Prisoner. She was a lovely lady. And of course, Gen Lemon whom I had become great friends with, finished up in "Steaming" and went into Prisoner. I'm afraid I don't know anything about Kate Hood's character".

Q. In the last 5-7 episodes of Chrissie's last stint on the show, you got to work with Carole Skinner, who played Nola McKenzie. What are your memories of working with Carole on the show?
"I think Carole Skinner is a first rate actress! Very much respected within the industry and a very wonderfully talented and genuine lady. SHE IS LOOKING FABULOUS THESE DAYS, she has really short hair now and that fabulous face! I had a drink with Carole just recently, when she came to see The Man From Mukinupin earlier this year and it was great to see her again! She epitomises the "creme" of character acting. An amazing voice, so raspy and guttural. I swear, if she was based in Europe or America she would never be out of work! Hopefully you will have seen some of her other work too! I've shared a few drinks with her over the years! I only worked with Carole on Prisoner for a very short time as I was leaving just as her character had come in but Carole is brilliant in every role I have seen her in, even if I don't remember too much about the Nola character. Most of the actors in Prisoner had come through the theatre, so we all knew each other outside of this one show."

Q. Do you think Chrissie would still be in touch with the other prisoners as they played such a big part in her life and a big part in molding her into the person she was inside.
"I think she'd stay in touch with Lizzie, after naming Elizabeth after her. Probably Bea Smith (I don't believe she died in any fire!). Meg was always very kind to Chrissie, considering she killed her husband... I can't see them hanging out much, can you?! And she wouldn't want to see much of The Freak and Vinegar Tits either! However, Hannah Simpson and Chrissie would have stayed in contact. In fact they did, I saw her last night".

Q. What was it like filming the scene where Chrissie was viciously beaten and kicked by the Freak? There were so many fight scenes in Prisoner, but I found that scene one of the most realistic and powerful depictions of violence in the show. Also, I remember how furious Chrissie looked just before she lunged at Ferguson with the kettle. You portrayed Chrissie's rage very convincingly! Do you remember what you were thinking during that moment? Did you think about something that made you angry?
"I throw myself into everything 100% - so I go in with the belief that it is actually happening to me at that very moment. As I am that character. If you were to see me on stage, you would see that commitment every night. So to do it for one take is actually quite easy. I loved all the action scenes and that one was quite brutal, now you've reminded me! But that is what acting is about, believing in the moment and what you are asked to do. Playing in any scene alongside Maggie and Judith was brilliant. And you usually find with a heavy scene like that once the camera's stop, there would always be something light-hearted said or come out of it".

Q. What were your favourite/least favourite Chrissie storylines?
"Least favourite would be the scene where Maggie's character had to turn a hose on us. I mean, don't get me wrong, a great scene! But after being on set all day, we shot it about 9PM at night in the freezing cold winter. The crew had set up this huge industrial heater under a tarp in the grounds of the CH10 building. To be standing soaked through to the skin in the freezing Melbourne night (in WINTER) was not much fun at all. We were all shoving each other out of the way so we could be in front of it! Poor Sheila had to go through it too! I hated when the character had to smoke as it made me physically throw up. I didnt like to smoke in real life, and I'd try to refuse. But to make it realistic, I would do the full draw-back and it made me really sick. My favourite stories would be the fire in the prison when Mouse dies! The killer Doctor that kidnaps Chrissie and I loved the scene where I got to smash up the plates in the apartment she shared briefly with Elizabeth's father. What fun!"

Q. What did/do you personally think of Chrissie - did you like/dislike/think she was a slapper /feel sorry for her?
"I felt blessed to play a character who could easily go from comedy to despair at the drop of a hat. My storylines were always excellent. I was rarely disappointed and usually pleased. And I was always quite excited to find out what was coming next, when the scripts went out!"

Q. What do you think baby Lizzie upto these days following in her mothers shoes or perhaps even her namesakes?
"I'd like to think that Elizabeth followed in her mother's fabulous yellow-heeled footsteps straight into the nearest jail! NO! I think she grew up to be the most beautiful woman, married a tycoon and now lives in the Bahamas... occasionally she sends her mother a little bit of money so she can go and visit her."

Q. Are you still in contact with the twins who played Elizabeth? Would be great for a reunion with your baby!!
"I'm still in touch with their parents, Ian (Costello) and Suzanne - they write to me all the time and when I am in Melbourne, I try to see them. Brooke and Tori are now of a marrying age, in fact one of them just got married! And of course, Ian Bradley and Annie Lucas's son Luke played the first new-born Elizabeth. Annie had just given birth at the same time that Chrissie's storyline came up so Luke was chosen to play "her"! I saw Luke again at the recording studio when Jules and I recorded my parts for the Prisoner DVDs! And I also caught up with his parents at Val's 30th Anniversary in February".

Q. Chrissie's ending was a bit unsatisfactory - it would have been nice to see her return and have some sort of definite conclusion to her story. Are you happy with Chrissie's exit and if it had been up to you, how would you have ended it?
"I thought her last scene was exciting! And you have to remember, that being transferred out of Wentworth was only to leave it open for my return.... had the script writers and storyliners known that was to be my last onscreen appearance I'm sure they would have had a very different ending for the character. As it was, they did not even hold a leaving party for me, as they all thought I'd be back with them sooner or later. Everyone was very used to me coming and going! I don't even recall if they did anything for Anna (Hruby) who was also leaving at the same time. At the time of writing the character out, another transfer to Barnhurst would have been an easy option and I think it was quite a dramatic exit, from what I remember. Although I do understand why some fans of the character would be disappointed with no final resolution. But that's just the way it all played out because I never went back".

Q. Do you wish you had been there at the end?
"Haha, not really! Maybe? That would have been a long time to have played Chrissie. I think only Ellie was still there from the originals, what an achievement! Part of what made Prisoner fun for me was the time and place and the people I worked with. It would have been very strange for me to have gone back to the show without all the cast I knew and loved. I heard that towards the end, the show wasn't as good as it once was and storylines were often repeated over but with new characters. I'm not sure I could have gone for that long. But all those girls did the show proud over the years and I'm very proud to have played my part in it."

Q. Bearing in mind how much the fans know Prisoner inside out have you had to do some research and re-watch the series to refresh your memory on certain storylines and how is your knowledge on the show after you stopped appearing in it? Are you familiar with characters such as Rita, Lexie, Pixie etc..
"I just rely on the fans to keep me reminded of all the finer details, these days! I just don't have the time to sit and watch it. But I am meaning to borrow some of the DVDs so I can see some of my episodes again. I am not familiar with the characters in the later years, other than any of those who were still on the show when I was there; Ellie, Maggie and maybe Annie Phelan, (I love Annie!!). Many of my friends went on to appear in Prisoner after I'd gone, such as Glenda Linscott and Gen Lemon, one of my closest friends, we really connected when we toured in "Steaming", in fact she sang for me at my birthday party last year. Jules (Newbould) also went back to the show many years later to play a totally different character. I came across an old VHS the other day which had one of those episodes, we'll maybe get together in the next few weeks to watch it. And giggle!"

Q. Obviously you enjoyed your time on prisoner and in any media I have seen/read in relation to you, your feedback as a prisoner actress has been positive. I was wondering was there any stigma during your time in prisoner or indeed afterwards that you felt affected any other roles you auditioned for or affected any roles you played after prisoner?
"One example I can remember was missing out on the lead role of Sara Dane - because of Chrissie! Apparently I was too identified as Latham to play the lead role in that mini series. So I ended up getting the part of Nell Finnigan, an Irish bar wench instead. But they also made me the dialect coach on that, and I helped everyone with their accents. I have no regrets about spending so much time on Prisoner. I am a woman of the moment, I just do the right thing by me at the time. I couldn't live my life any other way."

Q. Do you think had you not been in Prisoner, would you have been a fan of the show objectively?
"Oh yes indeed, as I was a big fan of Within These Walls with Googie Withers. I am also a voyeur myself and I love watching the naughty things people do! So yes Prisoner would have been right up my street ! For what the show did for us Australian actresses alone made it exciting. We were murderers and drug abusers and serial killers and dealers and alcoholics and thieves and we were violent and compassionate and psychotic and caring. Real. For once."

Q. I've heard a rumour that the show was to come back in 1999 and you said that you'd be willing to reprise your role as Chrissie Latham, can you tell us more about it?
"I vaguely remember the rumours but even to this day, I think it may just have been rumour? I don't realistically know if they would ever resurrect it and bring it back to life. I believe Ian Bradley had scripted a new prison drama series, but nothing to do with "our" Prisoner. But I don't think that ever eventuated. Did it? I don't remember! But I'd love to re-visit Chrissie. It would be a lot of fun to find her again. They should do it! Come on! I will only believe it though, when I actually hear someone call "action".

Q. Would you be willing to support a fan based action to persuade The Powers That Be to give Prisoner another run in a new follow series? Having the support of people that were associated with the show would lend some credibility to a campaign.
"I hope one day they do resurrect it or do a sequel... I'd happily be a part of it. I know they certainly wont resurrect the old series again now, as FULL residuals would need to be paid to us. Ahem!".

Q. What have you got coming up?
"Next year, I will be in the Helen Mirren role in the stage version of Calendar Girls for John Frost. I am extremely excited about this! It will be fabulous and will tour three cities in Australia! Julia Morris and Cornelia Francis have also been offered roles. It will actually open for a test up in Brisbane, then we move on to Sydney at the Theatre Royal and the Comedy Theatre in Melbourne. It's going to be very special and a LOT of fun. From there I will be heading straight over to Perth, WA another production for the Black Swan Theatre Company in October of 2010. I have also been offered two separate one-women shows, one based on Bette Davis, and the other one is a fictitious loud-mouthed lovable woman who is always putting her own foot in her own mouth. Why they'd want me I do not know!"

Q. Do you have any memories of working on the soap 'Richmond Hill' and did you think your character Connie was similair to Chrissie? Also what was it like working with Maggie Kirkpatrick again in that show?
"I loved Richmond Hill and especially working with the great Gwen Plumb. What a wonderful woman. There were some very handsome men in that series too let me tell you! None of whom ended up in bed with Connie though!! She seemed to fall into bed with every balding no-hoper to enter the show! Most of the time! Of course it was great to be working with Maggie again, she is a great actress and I've always enjoyed working with her".

Q. Did you ever watch the Uk drama series ' Bad Girls' set in a uk womens prison? If so what did you think of it and would'nt it have been interesting if the producers had asked you to reprise your role as Chrissie in the Bad Girls series- kind of like Chrissie being arrested and sent down whilst over in the uk.
"I think I maybe saw an episode and I think it got turned into a musical too? I could be wrong. I'm sure it was a poor man's Prisoner!".

Q. My father is from east-ham in london - so he is a real cockney - whereabouts in london are you from and do you ever go back?
"Yes, my granparents had a pub on the Isle of Dogs. I was brought up in the south east of London. Born at Stepney Maternity Home which is in earshot of Bow Bells. And anyone born there is the "real thing". I often go back to see my father, Charles and my family".

Q. Would you consider a role in Eastenders? You'd be great as landlady of the vic.
"I loved Eastenders, and was furious when the ABC took it off ! Every actor over here was addicted to it, it was soooo raw and very similar to Prisoner in its realism. I would consider a role in any of your shows! I'm not quite sure if UK casting directors look this far afield though when casting! As a rule I would consider anything."

Q. Did I imagine you saying you were starring in the Aussie version of 'Benidorm'?
"Oh goodness, yes I auditioned for the pilot of the Australian version of Benidorm, which was going to be filmed up on the Gold Cost. Very nearly got the role (of a swinger), but am really pleased I did not get it, because I'm looking for more of a challenge!"

Q. You did a fabulous cockney accent for the role of Chrissie what other accents can you do really well?
"Where do I start? I was asked to play an Asian "whore" in a film, which I felt should have gone to an asian actress - the problems of making me up into the character would have been far too difficult. I was offered this because of my reputation of being able to do very strong and convincing accents. But I just didn't think I was that good !!! For Shirley Valentine, I had to have a very harsh Liverpudlian accent! I also played Maria Callas, who was born Greek with an American accent and also spoke fluent Italian. I just finished up in the Ruby Sunrise and I had two roles and two accents in that; Indiana and New York! I'm about to do a Yorkshire accent for Calendar Girls. And then I'll need another for when I do Me and Jezabel, a one woman show on Bette Davis."

Q. Given that you've enjoyed such an interesting and varied work career, both stage and screen, acting and musical, also left you English roots, for the sunny climes of Australia, can you ever see yourself writing an autobiography, detailing this wonderful life journey, as other former cast, for example Cornelia Frances have done?
"I think you need to be of a certain age to write an Autobiography, and I don't think i'm quite there yet. Even though I have been approached by two different publishers to write my own book. Besides, I need to wait for a few more people to die first before I could even consider it!!"

Q. My Question To You Is " WHAT Best Wishes & kind thoughts would you be saying to me as i got a Kidney Transplant Operation coming up on 11th september, my sister is giving me a Kidney, i've been on Dialysis since May 2008, I Just wondered what your kind thoughts & best wishes would be?
"You poor darling, I hope everything turns out really well! Just in case you didn't know... when I was born I had 3 kidneys. If I had known you back then, and we were compatible, I would have happily given you one of mine! These operations are so successful these days, so how blessed you are to have a sister who can help. Love and best wishes to both you!"

Q. What do you think of the continued interest in Prisoner Cell Block H after all this time?
"I think it is brilliant. I love that you are all still so in love with it! And you are to be commended - I love your loyalty to the show. Please stick around with us! I was extremely lucky to meet many of my fans at my Lunch Event and at Memorabilia in the UK. I was blown away by the interest in me. I would never have guessed that 30 years after-the-fact, you all still care so much and I'd be doing interviews for Prisoner in 2009! I can't believe you all still watch it back-to-back, i think that is admirable and I wish I had the same drive to sit down and do it. One day!".

Q. Did you ever get approached to appear in the Prisoner stage plays in the Uk ? If there ever was another stage play or musical would you do it, I am sure the fans would love to see ole Chrissie back.
"I think I was approached by either Reg and Peter, from memory - it just couldn't fit into my work schedule. I was rarely available at the time of pantomines either, or I would have loved to have gone to the UK and done some stage work. I did go over in 1990 with Sheila to do the Great Escape Tour with Val Lehman and Carol Burns. I have had a lot of experience in theatre and musicals so I would happily consider any offers coming out of the UK".

Q. Sorry for my filthy question but did you fancy any of the male cast and did you do anything with anyone in the green room? lol...e.g. feel up fletch the letch (this question is only meant as a bit of fun xxx)
"What a question Brandy!!! The answer is of course yes! Adrian Wright was lovely, so it was fun shooting our scenes together, when I was trying to get his attention! Michael Long who played Elizabeth's father also. Michael was adorable. Wayne Jarrat was quite the looker and was engaged to one of my best friends, Anna! I recently invaded Gerry's Soap Show interview demanding that Ian paternity test Fletch as I still believe to this day, he may have been the father of Elizabeth!".

Q. WHAT ABOUT MY BABY???
"(Hahaha Mr Lion). What baby? Did I have a baby in Prisoner? Really? Where is my baby??" Have you seen my baby? Where did I leave my baby? Who's got my baby?".

Thank you everyone! I hope to keep hearing from you all on my website and Facebook.
Stay special, AMANDA XXXX

* Images courtesy of Amanda Muggleton Online.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mark
post Nov 25 2009, 08:13 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 86

Absolutely fabulous! A great read - thanks Brian- what a truly talented lady Amanda is xxx

+Quote Post
Craigjohn
post Nov 25 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 68

Still looking gorg like usual!!

+Quote Post
bionic
post Nov 25 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 283

Amanda, you are the best. I loved meeting you in B'ham (twice) last year and would have loved it if you could've joined Val, Gererd, Fiona and the rest of us last week for another do. I love your huge respect for us lot who still love this crazy and amazing show!
Next time you're over seeing your Dad and family try to fit in some time for another meal with us. You will always be so welcome!

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Nov 25 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #5

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

Group: Governor
Member No.: 618

What a fabulous read! (IMG:http://www.prisonercellblockhworld.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
JAMIOUSE
post Nov 25 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 117

Great read, Amanda is wonderful and still so open to answering questions about Prisoner. She's a star!

+Quote Post
Ronny G
post Nov 26 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 451

That was a great read!

She sounds like a fun, down-to-earth person...AND she looks fantastic!!!

+Quote Post
drwho2005
post Jan 10 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 673

im confused..how can someone age 30 years and still look the same???

She must use some of that Pro Activ !!

Glad that she answered my question about a sequel series!

+Quote Post
Martin_Loves_Pri...
post Jun 21 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 78

(IMG:http://www.prisonercellblockhworld.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/grindance.gif) Just To Think I Could Of Had Amanda Muggleton's 3RD Kidney!!!!!! Bless Your Heart Thank You For Answering My Question, 3 Months Since My Operation All Going Well So Far Touch Wood, Thanks Again Amanda :)

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Jun 21 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #10

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

Group: Governor
Member No.: 618

QUOTE (Martin_Loves_Prisoner @ Jun 21 2010, 02:13 PM) *
(IMG:http://www.prisonercellblockhworld.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/grindance.gif) Just To Think I Could Of Had Amanda Muggleton's 3RD Kidney!!!!!! Bless Your Heart Thank You For Answering My Question, 3 Months Since My Operation All Going Well So Far Touch Wood, Thanks Again Amanda :)

Great to see you back, Martin. So glad the operation's working out for you.

+Quote Post
capricornhazel
post Jun 21 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 641

QUOTE (Martin_Loves_Prisoner @ Jun 21 2010, 02:13 PM) *

Delighted to hear this news Martin! As Carl says, it's great having you back! (IMG:http://www.prisonercellblockhworld.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/Wave.gif)

+Quote Post
Martin_Loves_Pri...
post Jun 21 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 78

Thank You Both Very Much, Its GREAT To Be Back (IMG:http://www.prisonercellblockhworld.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/grindance.gif)

+Quote Post
Vinigar Tits
post Jun 21 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 997

Q. WHAT ABOUT MY BABY???
"(Hahaha Mr Lion). What baby? Did I have a baby in Prisoner? Really? Where is my baby??" Have you seen my baby? Where did I leave my baby? Who's got my baby?".

Ha ha - that's halarious!

+Quote Post
g-block
post Jul 10 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 136

Amanda comes across as such a genuine person. Truely a Prisoner Legend!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 02:48 AM