Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corrie
Wentworth Forum > Escapees > Other Soaps > Coronation Street
Lillyivimia
That's just madness! Gail's spell in prison was pretty boring anyway, in my opinion, so to send her back there again is simply a farce. It sounds as if they're running out of storylines for poor old Gail. ohmy.gif
capricornhazel
OMG how much more desperate can Corrie scriptwriters get?? Talk about a lame storyline. Hopefully this is just media tripe and not a reality!
Ruth Ballinger
I usually hate Gail's storylines anyway. She's one of the worst characters in the show, IMO. She should have died with Richard Hillman. So should David.
Lillyivimia
I don't much like Gail, myself ... but I find David oddly amusing. He's trying so hard to be a 'tough' guy and he's not in the least credible in the role. And that vouice and those faces he makes. I'm constantly laughing at him ... sadly, it's laughing AT him and considering that's probably not the writer's intention, it shows that Corrie got it seriously wrong with David.

I also don't much like the new Nick. Ghastly character.
Badboy
QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Jul 19 2010, 01:44 AM) *

I quite agree. I liked Ben Price in Footballers Wives a lot, but just cannot take to him in Corrie. I think it has something to do with the fact that he is a 38 year old man playing a 29 year old character. For me, I just can't believe him in the role as little Nicky Tilsey. I mean old Elsie Tanner is meant to be his Godmother... He looks as if he could have been Elsie's fella ! I'm not an ageist person at all, but in terms of believability it just doesn't wash with me. Shame on Corrie !

Oh, and I like Gail a lot but this latest plot is just bonkers. I mean with all that the woman has gone though I think that some sort of breakdown would be a much more plausible storyline for her.
capricornhazel
QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Jul 19 2010, 01:44 AM) *
I don't much like Gail, myself ... but I find David oddly amusing. He's trying so hard to be a 'tough' guy and he's not in the least credible in the role. And that vouice and those faces he makes. I'm constantly laughing at him ... sadly, it's laughing AT him and considering that's probably not the writer's intention, it shows that Corrie got it seriously wrong with David.

I agree with that. I think he comes out with some great witty comments!
Urbanite
I am with you Nola on Gail's storylines being boring. Don't care much for her, nor David, nor Nick. biggrin.gif

Nick Tilsley being played by 38-year-old Ben Price (who I also remember from Footballer's Wives as Conrad Gates) is still something I don't believe and wish they had recast the role better, but obviously it was beyond them to do that. Watching him talking about his involvement with Leanne and their marriage and their baby, as well him and David in the Rover's during a fight with Jason and then him mentioning Todd to Jason, just made me think, those things never happened with you as Nick, you twazzock, and you will never be Nick. laugh.gif
Lillyivimia
QUOTE (Urbanite @ Jul 19 2010, 07:00 PM) *
Watching him talking about his involvement with Leanne and their marriage and their baby, as well him and David in the Rover's during a fight with Jason and then him mentioning Todd to Jason, just made me think, those things never happened with you as Nick, you twazzock, and you will never be Nick. laugh.gif

LOL! Well said, Darryl. clap.gif
Darren24
Oh no i hope poor Gail Tilsley Platt Hilman Mcintyre dosn't end up behind bars again !! Chortle.gif
beaspress
Surely you mean Gail Potter Tilsley Tilsley Platt Hillman McIntyre?! 015.gif Chortle.gif
mrlion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHbWbvKm_-U

Annie Walker would have made a beaut bash aarrtist in Wentworth!
Lillyivimia
QUOTE (mrlion @ Apr 29 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Annie Walker would have made a beaut bash aarrtist in Wentworth!

Or a very frightening Governor. Chortle.gif

It was great watching the old classic episodes again. A lot of the characters were outstanding in these early years and they all had little eccentricities that made them vital watching. And the 'storylines' (for want of a better word) were simple compared to the modern days' more dramatic and frenetically paced fare.
LeachFreakTits
Annie and Erica would have got on like a house on fire!
Lillyivimia
Annie would have so-ooo looked down at ERica: "Are you still looking after those wretched girls, Erica. How positively galling for you! And your father an esteemed judge, tolo ... a sherry, dear ..."

Well, Annie did tend to look down at most of her friends, didn't she! So brilliantly portrayed by Doris Speed and always a delight to watch. Chortle.gif
Thunder
Why do so many dislike Gail then? i've always thought she was alright unsure.gif
Lillyivimia
Gail was better in the 70s, when she first came into the show. She was more fun-loving, more spontaneous and made a great double act with her friend, Susie. But, the years haven't been kind to Gail overall. She's become more controlling and more cynical. The change in demeanour has kept her in the series right up to the present day, so clearly the shift in character must have been popular with most ... but for me, I can't say she's one of my best characters.
The~Governor
QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Nov 11 2012, 09:21 AM) *
But, the years haven't been kind to Gail overall. She's become more controlling and more cynical. The change in demeanour has kept her in the series right up to the present day, so clearly the shift in character must have been popular with most ... but for me, I can't say she's one of my best characters.

Although Gail wouldn't like you to point out the striking similarities between the two of them because they were sworn enemies in thier day; she has morphed into her very own version of "poison" Ivy Tilsley, albeit that she is not religious Chortle.gif
Lillyivimia
QUOTE (The~Governor @ Nov 11 2012, 11:44 AM) *
Although Gail wouldn't like you to point out the striking similarities between the two of them because they were sworn enemies in thier day; she has morphed into her very own version of "poison" Ivy Tilsley, albeit that she is not religious Chortle.gif

Very true. Gail's more like 'Poison' Ivy Ilsey than ever Ivy, herself, was. And her choice in boyfriends/husbands (with the possible exception of Martin Platt) is truely atrocious. And, of course, she gave birth to the demon child, David. Chortle.gif
Thunder
But Ivy was great, so if Gail is like her that means shes great too Chortle.gif
Robert
Gail is too comedic for me and any realism to her character has gone out the window
LeachFreakTits
Gail and Susie were only sworn enemies after being friends because Brian was chasing around after her and she let him and pursued him and Gail was blind as always.
LeachFreakTits
We can definitely tell that Audrey passed on her ditziness to Gail because clearly Gail isn't always so bright at the best of times.She's rather despicable and commits truly evil acts like when she tried to come in between both Nick and Natasha only for Natasha to scupper her plans and then reveal all before she left the street.

I hope that if Lewis cons her and she uncovers his plan then that she actually does him in and goes inside and comes out either very different or makes Ivy seem more of a psycho.
Ruth Ballinger
I am loving tonight's episode. Lewis is a legend.

I can't wait to see Gail's reaction.
Tony Berman
It was fantastic, wasn't it? I loved the way he got Kylie to do the deed for him - it was very Prisoner the way that episode ended. Corrie's been fantastic for a while now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.