Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corrie Star William Tarmey Dies
Wentworth Forum > Escapees > Other Soaps > Coronation Street
The~Governor
Coronation Street legend William Tarmey who played Jack Duckworth has died at the age of 71.

He is believed to have passed away after suffering a heart attack whilst on holiday in Tenerife this morning.

First appearing in the cobbled street drama in 1979 at Gail and Brian's wedding he went on to become one of Corrie's best loved double acts alongside actress Elizabeth Dawn as screen wife, Vera; moving into Coronation Street as residents in 1983.

The Corrie couple were invariably at the centre of some of the serial's most magical moments.

He quit the show after 30 years in 2009.

RIP
Lillyivimia
Awful news. This has really upset me, truth be known. Bill really was a Corrie legend ... so sad to hear of his passing.

RIP Bill - thanks for all the laughs.
Ruth Ballinger
A soap legend. I loved Jack and Vera. A piece of Corrie died when they left the show.

R.I.P. Bill.
LeachFreakTits
I can't believe a funny legend and a Corrie great has gone.

RIP Bill,sleep tight and love to all his friends and family.
The~Governor
It was a nice touch for ITV to dedicate last night's Corrie episodes to the memory of Bill.

Hopefully, at some point, there will be a proper tribute programme to the great man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.