• Members
  • Calendar
  • Search
  • Rules
  • Mods
  • Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are You Happy For Wentworth To End At Season 7?
Wentworth
Are you happy for the series to end at season 7?
Yes [ 6 ] ** [33.33%]
No [ 8 ] ** [44.44%]
I am not sure [ 4 ] ** [22.22%]
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Robert
post Sep 22 2018, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Sentenced For Prostitution
Group Icon

Group: Screws
Member No.: 102

So with possible rumours and speculation that season 7 (2019) may be the last ever season of Wentworth...are you happy for it to end or would you prefer some more seasons?

Do you think the show could go on forever or maybe just one or two more seasons?

Bonus question: How would you like the series to end?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
agent warren
post Sep 24 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Inmates
Member No.: 196

I'm happy for it to conclude at the end of the next season. If it was picked up by another production company, it would be good if they build on the new characters introduced in Season 6 - Rita, Marie - and characters with a lot of mileage still in them like Kaz and Will. It needs a brave new production team - and especially the story team - that is forward looking. Season 5 was really poor, and although 6 is up there with my favourites it's on the strength of the new characters and plots not the legacy of the past.

+Quote Post
Dr Peterson
post Sep 24 2018, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 3,401

Why would anyone be happy for it to get cancelled? If you don't like it don't watch it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE (Robert @ Sep 22 2018, 10:45 AM) *
Bonus question: How would you like the series to end?

Would love it if the last scene was Mary Ward coming in as Mum Brooks sentenced for whatever with Vera saying "some things never change" and then it ends.

+Quote Post
TheOldJude
post Sep 24 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 20,541

Could never get 'into' Wentworth (mainly as I'm a good girl!) but that Mary Ward scene would be brilliant especially as Mary herself has not ruled out a return to acting 'if the right part came along'.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Sep 24 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #5

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

Group: Governor
Member No.: 618

I voted 'Not sure'.

It's true that the latest season has been the best for years (for me, in fact, it's the better than the first few season with, for the first time, some fully-rounded, three-dimensional characters), but I'm not sure Wentworth can be depended on to be consistent. They're not even consistent in the writing of one of their unique characters, Kaz, so keeping consistency for an entire series is a much bigger ask for them. So, while part of me wants to see a few more seasons as good, or better, than the last season, I'm not too convinced that they could keep that level of quality up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
PavlovsDog
post Sep 24 2018, 06:07 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 11,119

QUOTE (Dr Peterson @ Sep 24 2018, 04:36 PM) *
Why would anyone be happy for it to get cancelled? If you don't like it don't watch it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I don’t think by answering ‘no’ that necessarily equates to being happy to see the show cancelled. I think it would for many mean they don’t want the show to run on for the sake of it and running out of ideas and becoming stale and disappointing.

It’s preferable to have a plan and go out on a high than just churning it out just for the heck of it.

As it stands, I voted not sure for these very reasons. Season 6 for me was pretty ordinary and only really got going right at the end. The ending with Marie and Rita does make me keen to watch Season 7, but there needs to be more to fill the 10 episodes than just these two and I just think a lot of the other characters have run their course.

Since S7 has already been filmed and unless they have done an incredible job of keeping secrets, it doesn’t look like there will be any new players, at least not major ones.

I predict that Boomer will get her parole and they will wrap that up in a similar way they boxed off Frankie, by getting it all done by Episode 3 or 4. I then think Liz won’t last until the end, but her box of memories will play a key role in the final showdown between Rita and Marie. I think Liz will die in Episode 6 or 7 and then there will be a lot of story revolving around who gets access to her secret box.

My left field prediction is that Ruby will need to be killed by Marie (or an associate of Marie) to set up the ultimate final showdown between Rita and Marie. So Marie will get access to the box, Ruby dies in the penultimate episode and Episode 10 is a fight to the death.

Let’s see how close I am next year........

+Quote Post
Robert
post Sep 24 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #7

Sentenced For Prostitution
Group Icon

Group: Screws
Member No.: 102

I voted NO as i feel it could keep going.

I would like it to end where they recreate the original laundry set and it shows the Wentworth characters in Prisoner uniforms etc and Rita says to Boomer "I'll be the oldest bikie in the world".

+Quote Post
cwathen
post Sep 25 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 429

I've gone for not sure. I never expected in 2013 that Wentworth would last this long and 7 seasons should have been long enough to tell a good story. The original only lasted 1 year longer.

But with so much time wasted in seasons 4 and 5 I feel we're now in a position where 7 seasons isn't enough and the ending is likely to feel rushed, so on that basis I would like to see a season 8.

However, even worse than a rushed ending would be a rushed ending that then has to be unpicked so that the show can carry on again. Unless securing funding for season 8 extends to rewriting and reshooting large parts of the already in the can season 7 (which it won't) they'll never pull it off in any credible way. I've seen other shows get last minute reprieves and they never work. Unfortunately once the decision has been made to bring a show to an end it's probably best left that way.

Ultimately I think the blame for this situation needs to be placed solely with the producers. The issue of how to fund past 7 seasons likes like a situation which has always been there due to the limit of assisted funding. Granted, when you were making seasons 1 it probably wasn't an immediately pressing concern. But when the got to the point that season 6 had been comissioned, they really should have been considering then as to whether it was viable to carry on after season 7.

As it is, this seems to be a problem which was only considered when season 7 was already well in production, which was far too late to resolve in an acceptable way.

+Quote Post
LeachFreakTits
post Sep 27 2018, 03:31 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 309

I voted no as I hope it keeps going on for years on end.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in S7 and beyond.

+Quote Post
timhodge
post Sep 27 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 366

I voted yes. I'm not eager for it to end, but if it does, well, seven years is a good run, and prior to this year's excellent stuff, the last two or three years have been a little disappointing. So while I'd rather they keep going, if they do wrap it up I don't think I'll be hugely upset.

Of course, hopefully s7 meets or exceeds the quality of s6 and they go out on a high note. In which case, I may well change my opinion and decide that I AM hugely upset. We'll see!

+Quote Post
LeachFreakTits
post Sep 29 2018, 10:36 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 309

There ws a discussion of some sort I found on Facebook of them exploring Season 8.

+Quote Post
Lex82
post Oct 6 2018, 12:54 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 165

Think that there are still a lot of topical and contemporary issues which Wentworth could cover.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 12:12 AM