ste326
post Aug 6 2018, 06:18 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Inmates
Member No.: 20,684

https://www.facebook.com/valfromprisoner/ph...5084560/?type=3

OK this is IT!
Bookings for the PRISONER 40th anniversary event are open NOW !!

Date: Sunday 24th Feb 2019 Location: private club in Melbourne CBD
all other details at Priz40th@gmail.com

attendance limited to 300 so get in early!!

What will you get? The opportunity to meet the cast who created some of the most memorable characters ever to appear on Australian Television
Asks them the burning questions you have always wanted to to know the answers to.

You will meet..(subject to work or illness) Val Lehman (Bea Smith) MC Jane Clifton (Margo Gaffney) Maggie Kirkpatrick (The Freak),
Collette Mann (Doreen), Fiona Spence (Vera Vinegar Tits), Patsy King (the Gov), Amanda Muggleton (Chrissey Latham) Betty Bobbitt (Judy Bryant)
Anne Phelan (Myra Desmond) Jentah Sobbet (Mouse), Jacqui Gordon(Susie Driscoll) Maxine Klibingaitis (Bobby Mitchell)
Our one and only gent flown in especially from Arizona: Gerard Maguire (Fletch the Letch)..

Plus Cassandra Lehman (Debbie Smith) smile please, she's our official photographer and Joanne Lehman (Yvonne Heywood) our event stage manager .

You MUST Have A Paypal account or access to one, in order to book

for more information email me at : Priz40th@gmail.com
See you there
Val

Apparently there's no meet and greet, photographs or autographs. Is that normal?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NostalgiaNerd
post Aug 6 2018, 09:22 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 20,928

QUOTE (ste326 @ Aug 6 2018, 04:18 PM) *
Apparently there's no meet and greet, photographs or autographs. Is that normal?

No it's not normal and certainly not worth the $300 ticket price imho

+Quote Post
ste326
post Aug 6 2018, 09:47 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Yeah did seem strange to me lol this has been said by a person who contacted val I think. I wonder if you have be standing at a distance from them aswell ha

Val apparently told a fan it’s because they are all old now and the fan has interpreted this as they want to get in and out as quickly as possible lol

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Aug 6 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 20,871

I just emailed the Priz email address asking for pricing details and any other information. Silly, I should have logged on here first! Been a bit busy the last few days and only just checked out the Cell Block H f/b site to see if any developments had occurred!

Regarding the 'meet and greet' (or not), photographs (or not) and autographs (or not), does anyone know if this will be included when I receive an email reply back?

+Quote Post
Robert
post Aug 6 2018, 11:14 PM
Post #5

Sentenced For Prostitution
Group Icon

Group: Screws
Member No.: 102

Is anyone here gonna go or thinking about it?

+Quote Post
NostalgiaNerd
post Aug 7 2018, 12:25 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 20,928

QUOTE (Robert @ Aug 7 2018, 09:14 AM) *

No i'm not giving Val a cent to just look at people on a stage

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Aug 7 2018, 07:40 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Robert @ Aug 7 2018, 12:14 AM) *

I think if it as it was in '09 (at least going by the write ups and photos) I'd have been very, very tempted. But from what I've read so far, given I've only read snippets of information from fans, hence acknowledging that I'm not 100% sure what is fact and fiction, I'd say I can't see me going. Pity, as I'd been looking forward to an '09-type of event for years, and even got the green light from my Mrs to go over on my tod for a short trip.

I hope the day is great however, and those who do go have a great time.

+Quote Post
ste326
post Aug 7 2018, 09:21 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Suppose with the the age the cast are getting too it could probably be the last big event. But also doesn’t it say the people who are going may not go if they have work. So it’s not guaranteed who is going?

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Aug 7 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

The event is to be 4 hours: 1-5pm. Not sure if that is actual new information, or if you already were aware of it.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Aug 8 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #10

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

Group: Governor
Member No.: 618

Message posted on behalf of Val (Official PR):

THE CAST OF ICONIC TV SHOW “PRISONER” TO REUNITE FOR 40TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION AT MELBOURNE EVENT IN FEBRUARY 2019

Former Prisoner star Val Lehman today announced a 40th Anniversary Fan Event in Melbourne to celebrate the iconic TV show turning 40. A number of much-loved cast members will reunite at a Melbourne (CBD) venue on Sunday 24th February 2019 giving fans from all over the world an opportunity to meet the actress’ responsible for creating some of the most memorable characters ever to appear on television.

Val commented "Prisoner fans world wide have been begging me for a 40th Anniversary celebration after the success of my last big event in 2009 for the 30th! With a cast list of 13 and capacity for 300 fans it's going to be BIG! I can promise a few surprises. I'm happy to announce the cast are looking forward to it too. Sadly our numbers are now dwindling, well we're all getting on. This is definitely the last Prisoner event I will be mounting… so don’t let me down.” she joked.

Cast members in attendance will include Val Lehman (Bea Smith), Event MC Jane Clifton (Margo Gaffney), Maggie Kirkpatrick (Joan 'The Freak’ Ferguson), Colette Mann (Doreen Anderson), Fiona Spence (Vera Bennett, a.k.a. 'Vinegar Tits’), Patsy King (Governor Erica Davidson), Amanda Muggleton (Chrissie Latham), Betty Bobbitt (Judy Bryant), Anne Phelan (Myra Desmond), Jentah Sobott (Mouse), Jacqui Gordon (Susie Driscoll), Maxine Klibingaitis (Bobbie Mitchell) and (the one and only gent) flown in especially from Arizona, Gerard Maguire (Deputy Governor Jim Fletcher a.k.a. Fletch the Letch) * Confirmed cast members appearance is subject to change due to work or illness.

“You’ll also be able to check out the new Prisoner action figure DOLLS at my Event, maybe you'll win a set as well as meeting the woman who created them.” Lehman continued. "Come and help us celebrate Australia's most internationally recognised, awarded, celebrated and ground-breaking TV series ever… and there will be more so don't miss out.” she teased.

Prisoner premiered on Network Ten on 27th February 1979 and was set in the fictional women's prison, Wentworth Detention Centre. It featured a predominantly female cast - unique for its time on Australian television. The 11-times Logie-winning show was particularly successful in the UK where it reached cult status and was the first Australian drama series broadcast in prime time in the United States.

40TH ANNIVERSARY FAN EVENT
Sunday 24th February 2019 - Melbourne (CBD Venue)
(MC Jane Clifton, Event Manager Joanne Lehman, Photographer Cassie Lehman)
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW!

* Profit raised by the Event will benefit Positive Women (Support and advocacy for women living with HIV) and Australia Zoo

Ticket Info / Booking Enquiries:
Please contact Priz40th@gmail.com

+Quote Post
Robert
post Aug 8 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

She also posted this earlier on facebook

There has NEVER been a Prisoner event as big as the 40th Anniversary Event Feb 24th 2019. and probably never will be.... So don't miss it..
It is very difficult to be fair and look after Cast and fans alike and I'm doing the best I can for everyone..
With 300 fans and so many cast members (some of whom are getting frail) and only 4 hours with which to work...
It is not possible to pre-arrange and guarantee a personal meet and greet, handshake, selfie and autograph for everyone..
Fans will however be able to ask all the questions and take all the photos they wish.
However selfies with the stars and individual autographs for 300 people are just impossible..
Fans will all be presented with a copy of the official professional Cast group photograph ...
Plus the woman who is designing the Prisoner Dolls will be flying in from the US with a set of dolls offered as a door prize..
PLUS a few other BIG surprises.. and an auction of memorabilia.. WATCH THIS SPACE
Val

QUOTE (Robert @ Aug 8 2018, 05:09 PM) *
There has NEVER been a Prisoner event as big as the 40th Anniversary Event Feb 24th 2019. and probably never will be.... So don't miss it..

Surely there has? Screen stars did a massive one.

QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Aug 8 2018, 12:17 PM) *
giving fans from all over the world an opportunity to meet the actress' responsible for creating some of the most memorable characters ever to appear on television.

So it seems odd she has put "meet" her as it is possible you wont?

I have heard Gerard has said he will meet people, and knowing Amanda Muggleton I can't see her not wanting to meet people so I am sure if anyone goes you will have opportunity.

+Quote Post
myrajunedesmond
post Aug 8 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 296

I wonder how much Val and the others will be paid, and what the remaing profits are for the chosen charities.

I am sorry but in my opinion, that, no meet and greet or photo opportunities is very bad considering the cost.

+Quote Post
smooth_criminal
post Aug 8 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 73

I wonder if Elspeth Ballantyne was invited.

+Quote Post
Mark
post Aug 8 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 86

QUOTE (smooth_criminal @ Aug 8 2018, 06:00 PM) *
I wonder if Elspeth Ballantyne was invited.

I bet she wasn't.

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Aug 8 2018, 06:54 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

I'm hovering and so tempted. My Mrs asked me 'are you going?'

So indecisive!

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Aug 8 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #16

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Falconer_1 @ Aug 8 2018, 07:54 PM) *
I'm hovering and so tempted. My Mrs asked me 'are you going?'

If you do go, hopefully you can give us all a rundown of the day's events. Even though it's not a traditional 'meet and greet', it does seem like a stellar guest list and it'll probably be the last chance to see them all together. Personally, I can understand that given that most are in their late seventies/early eighties now, the actors might not all be willing (or able) to meet everyone formally and/or sign autographs. But, as said, it's possible that some individual guests may want to mingle and meet people personally. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ste326
post Aug 8 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Well pasty kings 89 good on her for still attending lol she must be the oldest there?

+Quote Post
Robert
post Aug 9 2018, 12:15 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

It's already sold out now.

DUE TO AN INCREDIBLE RESPONSE BOOKINGS FOR PRIZ TURNS 40 ARE NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to everyone who showed their support and apologies to those who may have missed out. If you have not had any reply as yet your name will be on a waiting list for any cancellations...
VAL

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Aug 9 2018, 03:21 AM
Post #19

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

That was a very quick booking - I hope those who attend have a really enjoyable time. Hopefully someone on the forum will be attendance - if so, please do log in afterwards and let us all know how it went. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Aug 9 2018, 07:20 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Robert @ Aug 9 2018, 01:15 AM) *

DUE TO AN INCREDIBLE RESPONSE BOOKINGS FOR PRIZ TURNS 40 ARE NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to everyone who showed their support and apologies to those who may have missed out. If you have not had any reply as yet your name will be on a waiting list for any cancellations...
VAL

Well that makes the decision for me! I was indecisive, so I can't play the victim.

I second what Lillyivimia said wish those who are going a great time.

+Quote Post
ste326
post Aug 9 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Is anyone going from here?

+Quote Post
smooth_criminal
post Aug 9 2018, 02:48 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Mark @ Aug 8 2018, 06:42 PM) *
I bet she wasn't.

That would have put me off going more than anything. She was the longest running cast member so should have been asked, no matter personal grievances Val may have against her. Especially if it's supposed to be for the fans.

+Quote Post
ste326
post Aug 9 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

I’ve never been to these events because I always hear negative things about val Lehman lol I’m not sure I would want to meet her to be honest. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if she didn’t invite elspeth which I don’t agree with because meg was in it from start to finish. Although also wouldn’t surprise me if elspeth didn’t want to go because of val lol

+Quote Post
wentworthwarrior
post Aug 9 2018, 10:26 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,830

Or maybe even Elspeth has moved on with her life and she was never the most publicity seeking star anyway. Also the more stars that attend, the more participants wanting their share of the accumulated fee takings for the day, causing everyone to earn a little less.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Aug 12 2018, 02:25 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 114

I am definitely going. Just to clarify - Elspbeth not going has nothing to do with Val. Also I have met Val many many times and found her a pure delight. Elspbeth simply isn’t up to it these days.

+Quote Post
Robert
post Aug 12 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

And I have met Val and Elspeth and both were very lovely.

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Aug 14 2018, 07:45 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Apparently bookings are now open again?

+Quote Post
agent warren
post Aug 14 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 196

It's a bit of a reach of Val to state that it's the biggest Prisoner event. It might be the biggest one Val has led on, but the 21st anniversary event in Melbourne is unlikely to be surpassed. Anne Phelan worked tirelessly to arrange that event and there were a huge amount of Prisoner cast and crew present covering all eras of the show's run. Autographs and photographs were purchased through a token system and everyone mingled freely throughout the night. There were some excellent writeups of this evening from fans who attended knocking around the internet at one point.

Id love to meet Amanda and Gerard!

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Aug 14 2018, 02:09 PM
Post #29

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

Just a head's up:

Tomorrow Wednesday 15th August, Val Lehman (“Bea Smith”) and Amanda Muggleton (“Chrissie Latham”) will be guests on Nine's ‘Today’ show with Georgie Gardner and Karl Stefanovic around 8:15am AEST! Both stars will appear again on ‘Today Extra’ with David Campbell and Sonia Kruger (around 9:30am AEST) - they’ll be discussing their time on iconic TV show ‘Prisoner’ and the upcoming 40th Event in Melbourne!

WATCH: Today

Sadly, this is only available in Australia - but perhaps one of our Aussie members could record their end and make available for us via YouTube or similar?

+Quote Post
Robert
post Aug 15 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE (Robert @ Aug 9 2018, 01:15 AM) *

Please ignore my comment on it being sold out. I didn't realise it was just closed for a bit for Val to sort the ones who had booked up until that point.

+Quote Post
PavlovsDog
post Aug 15 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 11,119

QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Aug 14 2018, 03:09 PM) *
Sadly, this is only available in Australia - but perhaps one of our Aussie members could record their end and make available for us via YouTube or similar?

Not sure how much of it is on there, but Partners in Crime have shared it on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Aug 15 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #32

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

QUOTE (PavlovsDog @ Aug 15 2018, 06:30 PM) *
Not sure how much of it is on there, but Partners in Crime have shared it on Facebook.

Thanks for the head's up, Pav - I'll pop in and have a look. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Robert
post Aug 15 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

QUOTE (PavlovsDog @ Aug 15 2018, 06:30 PM) *

It is just a minute clip unfortunately.

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Aug 16 2018, 06:45 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Nice clip. Interesting how she commented that a lot (most?) interest has come from the US, Sweden and the UK.

The message goes out said by someone earlier: Are their any UK forum users going over for the 40th?

I think bookings for the event are closed again.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Aug 17 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #35

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Falconer_1 @ Aug 17 2018, 10:33 AM) *
I think bookings for the event are closed again.

There's always a chance that some will drop out closer to the day, so it's worth putting your name on the reserve list if you're still interested in going. If there is one, of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Aug 18 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Aug 17 2018, 05:59 PM) *
There's always a chance that some will drop out closer to the day, so it's worth putting your name on the reserve list if you're still interested in going. If there is one, of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The thing is when I emailed a few times, I was first emailed a kind of repeat of what was doing the rounds on f.book at the time (what the event involved etc). I emailed again asking how I go about getting a ticket/paying etc and was given an email address where to send the paypal fee. So I wasn't aware of any way of 'reserving'/provisional lists etc. It seemed a case of if you're going, pay the money via the email address given/paypal (which is fair enough). I obviously didn't want to pay some email address via paypal, sending money over, when I wasn't 100% confident in the process or what exactly i was doing. It isn't like a website where you just go through a paying process.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Aug 18 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #37

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Falconer_1 @ Aug 18 2018, 02:36 PM) *
The thing is when I emailed a few times, I was first emailed a kind of repeat of what was doing the rounds on f.book at the time (what the event involved etc). I emailed again asking how I go about getting a ticket/paying etc and was given an email address where to send the paypal fee. So I wasn't aware of any way of 'reserving'/provisional lists etc. It seemed a case of if you're going, pay the money via the email address given/paypal (which is fair enough). I obviously didn't want to pay some email address via paypal, sending money over, when I wasn't 100% confident in the process or what exactly i was doing. It isn't like a website where you just go through a paying process.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. A strange way of doing it, to be honest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Sep 1 2018, 05:17 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Seems tickets are still available/more being made available.

Pamela Duncan is now also on the stars' list for the event.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Oct 25 2018, 01:49 AM
Post #39

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

Two promotional interviews for the 40th Anniversary Party:

Studio 10

Today

+Quote Post
Mark
post Oct 25 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Member No.: 86

QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Oct 25 2018, 02:49 AM) *
Two promotional interviews for the 40th Anniversary Party:

Studio 10

Today

I know Val can only say so much about the show but you'd think she'd try and say something other than, totally invicible or never wrong.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Oct 25 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #41

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mark @ Oct 25 2018, 06:42 PM) *
I know Val can only say so much about the show but you'd think she'd try and say something other than, totally invicible or never wrong.

I confess to thinking that myself - I imagine she was working from a script she'd prepared beforehand and just kept to the same sort of stuff.

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Oct 26 2018, 09:40 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

I confess to not having watched the videos, but I'm wondering if they will be filled with the ultra PC, BBC-esq 'strong women', 'women doing this and that' 'first woman this, first woman doing that' spiel, as seems to be on so many platitude serving channels these days.

+Quote Post
Lillyivimia
post Oct 26 2018, 05:35 PM
Post #43

Looking Into The Abyss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Falconer_1 @ Oct 26 2018, 10:40 AM) *
I confess to not having watched the videos, but I'm wondering if they will be filled with the ultra PC, BBC-esq 'strong women', 'women doing this and that' 'first woman this, first woman doing that' spiel, as seems to be on so many platitude serving channels these days.

Yes, that's pretty much the gist of both videos, with an emphasis on 'strong women'. Saying that, the interviewers do lead very much in this direction with te nature of their questions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Oct 26 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Oct 26 2018, 06:35 PM) *
Yes, that's pretty much the gist of both videos, with an emphasis on 'strong women'. Saying that, the interviewers do lead very much in this direction with te nature of their questions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

lol how did I guess.

World's gone nuts with this PC crap everywhere. Most of their 'news' channels just seem like the BBC on steroids.

This post has been edited by Falconer_1: Oct 26 2018, 07:06 PM

+Quote Post
Robert
post Oct 28 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Aug 14 2018, 02:09 PM) *
Tomorrow Wednesday 15th August, Val Lehman (Bea Smith) and Amanda Muggleton (Chrissie Latham) will be guests on Nine's 'Today' show with Georgie Gardner and Karl Stefanovic around 8:15am AEST! Both stars will appear again on - 'Today Extra' with David Campbell and Sonia Kruger (around 9:30am AEST) - they'll be discussing their time on iconic TV show 'Prisoner' and the upcoming 40th Event in Melbourne!

Worth a mention is this did eventually go up on youtube in full (I only noticed today)
https://youtu.be/bTlPL3PGy10

QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ Oct 25 2018, 01:49 AM) *

Interestingly on that interview it looks like they may have used clips from the original masters - notice the more "washed out" look of some of the clips compared to the dvd picture.

(IMG:https://image.ibb.co/ecObvq/bea-slaps-ros-comparing.jpg)

+Quote Post
Falconer_1
post Nov 4 2018, 01:14 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

It's a pity that it seems no regular posters on here are going. As I'm sure they would have kindly done a good run down of the event, and added photos etc.

Even y'day my Mrs asked why don't you go lol

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2018 - 11:30 AM