Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well Done Betty Driver
Wentworth Forum > Escapees > Other Soaps > Coronation Street
Badboy
On her lifetime achievement award at the British Soap Awards. I adore Betty, and at the ripe old age of 90 and 41 years of dedicated service on the Street she certainly deserved it. Hope she gets better soon and is back behind the Rovers before too long. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Robert
the whole show was awful..everyone looked moody, awful short and boring speeches and guy from emmerdale rolling his eyes LOL

But Betty was a highlight along with the Blanche bit! Betty looked like she was giving her speech from a hospital room?
Lillyivimia
I'm so happy for Betty for this win and really do hope she gets well soon. The Rovers just wouldn't be the same without her. cool.gif
Thunder
i didn't realise she was ill?

but at 90 its to be expected really that her health will decline
Badboy
QUOTE (RandyBrandyRoberto @ May 19 2010, 10:21 PM) *
the whole show was awful..everyone looked moody, awful short and boring speeches and guy from emmerdale rolling his eyes LOL

But Betty was a highlight along with the Blanche bit! Betty looked like she was giving her speech from a hospital room?

yes, I agree the show was a bit lame overall. Some of the winners were shocking too... Scott Malsen best actor?!??!??

As for the guy from Emmerdale, I guess you mean Danny Miller? I don't watch Emmerdale but my mother is an avid viewer. I was at her's when i caught an episode in which he came out as gay. It was quite honestly one of the most moving pieces of television I have ever seen. He did an amazing job and had me close to tears even though i didn't know who he was or what his back story was. I even thought that he should have won that award even though i haven't watched it since.

yes - the Betty and Blanche bits were best. The whole place giving Maggie Jones a standing ovation was real a tribute. Betty Driver has been ill of late... I hear she is making a good recovery though and will be back behind that bar as soon as she can.

but yes Robert, it was lame overall. Maybe you and I should be put in charge of organisaing next years event ? grindance.gif
Robert
lol yes danny miller...rolling his eyes. I agree he prob did deserve best actor..but when ur being filmed might be best to just pretend to be happy with who won lol
they should just make it more funny..like when paul o'grady was on afew years ago and saying..who is this bloody panel etc etc
and tell people to smile and show proper speeches
but will gladly help you organise it badboy LOL
Lillyivimia
So, who was Danny Miller rolling his eyes up at? Listening.gif
Badboy
QUOTE (Lillyivimia @ May 21 2010, 06:41 PM) *
So, who was Danny Miller rolling his eyes up at? Listening.gif

Probably at the ridiculous announcement that Scott Malsen got best actor... I mean, his character was lifted directly from the character he played in The Bill. Also - what has his stroylines been in EastEnders?? I don't dislike the guy or the character, but at least Danny Miller got an actual storyline and performed it well.

I'm sure these things are fixed anyway Chortle.gif
Lillyivimia
QUOTE (Badboy @ May 22 2010, 01:18 PM) *
Probably at the ridiculous announcement that Scott Malsen got best actor... I mean, his character was lifted directly from the character he played in The Bill. Also - what has his stroylines been in EastEnders?? I don't dislike the guy or the character, but at least Danny Miller got an actual storyline and performed it well.

I'm sure these things are fixed anyway Chortle.gif

Ah, thanks Badboy. sun.gif

I'm an avid watcher of both Emmerdale and Eastenders and in my opinion Danny Miller's performance far outweighed Scott's. I think he definitely deserved the Best Actor oscar for what he did with the storyline and he really had me feeling for him and his situation.

And I wouldn't at all be surprised if these Award events were fixed to a certain extent. It would probably explain some of the atrocious winners they've picked over the years. wink.gif
Robert
You would think if they were fixed the awards would go to itv shows as thats who make the show? lol
Rokku
God bless her well done.

R :)
chucky
I just watched the video on Youtube of Scott Maslen winning best actor and the guy from Emmerdale does not role his eyes in the slightest. You're imagining things.
Robert
there are more awards than just best actor! maybe you should watch the whole show first before claiming I imagine eyes that roll lol

53 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvGYaBKp-b0
Robert
Eastenders winning best episode....

chucky
You said it was the best actor award!
Robert
Have you even read this thread? I just said he rolled his eyes and probably deserved best actor
LeachFreakTits
She deserved to win it and they soil her legacy by palming off Betty's Hot Pot recipe to a twit!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.